In this brief overview I present my favorite events and things to do for non-German speakers this weekend in Stuttgart, on December 21 and 22.
[This post contains unpaid advertisements based on personal recommendations]
- Stadtbibliothek Stuttgart shows a selection of animated films for kids at Best of Tricks for Kids on December 21. The films don’t have dialogues so it doesn’t matter which language you and your little ones are speaking.
- Are you in need of some more presents or a dress for the holidays? If vintage is your thing you will find everything at the X-Mas textil/vintage flea market at Transit/Bergamo on December 21.
- Another vintage flea market takes place on December 21 at Kaufhaus Mitte.
- Milaneo shopping center is open until midnight on December 21. Santa will be present, too…
- The Grabkapelle, the Taj Mahal of Stuttgart, will open its gates on December 22. Next to being able to step into the beautiful building you can enjoy Glühwein and Christmas cookies and listen to Christmas songs.
- A great event for (hobby) singers is 1. Stuttgarter Weihnachtssingen at Gazi Stadion on December 22. Sing German and international Christmas songs with hundreds of other people in the stadium and get into the right mood for Christmas.
- Watch NFL Football live at Kraftpaule on December 22.
- Visiting this design fair is a tradition with many locals: Holy Shit Shopping is THE place where you can find your last-minute Christmas presents that don’t look like such. Phoenixhalle, December 21 and 22.
- Christmas Garden is still going on this weekend in Stuttgart.
- Go sledding in downtown Stuttgart at Stadtpalais: Stuttgart im Schnee/Stuttgart covered in snow is a fun urban installation with special events and a slope for sleds that will be open this weekend in Stuttgart.
- Weltweihnachtszirkus has opened its gates and you can visit it this weekend. It will be moderated in German but in order to enjoy all the amazing acts you don’t really need to speak the language.
- This weekend you have the chance to visit the first vegan Christmas market in Stuttgart.
- The major Christmas markets are of course still going on this weekend in Stuttgart: Stuttgart Christmas Market will be open until December 23, and Esslingen Christmas Market as well as Ludwigsburg Baroque Christmas Market until December 22. Find out more about the Christmas markets in and around Stuttgart in this post. For inspiration which stalls are a MUST SEE at Stuttgarter Weihnachtsmarkt, check out this post.
Transparency: This article contains unpaid advertisements. I point out events that are going on December 21 and 22 in Stuttgart that I can recommend personally. I did not get paid by the organizers to do so. Paid contend is always highlighted as such on Living in Stuttgart. Moreover, I researched the information about the events to my best knowledge but I cannot be hold responsible for any inaccuracy.