Christmas is over and New Year’s Eve is already waiting around the corner. If you haven’t made plans for the last night in 2019 yet, check out these New Year’s Eve events in Stuttgart!
New Year’s Eve events in Stuttgart: parties!
- This is definitely something you should consider doing on December 31: For the first year ever, the city of Stuttgart will host a New Years Eve Party at Schlossplatz. Fireworks are banned but a laser- and light show will catapult you in the new year 2020. The wish for cleaner air in downtown Stuttgart and a safer city center on Silvester night stood at the beginning of this new event. I have to say: I love it! If you’ve been at Schlossplatz on New Years Eve once you know what a war zone Schlossplatz can turn into. I didn’t feel safe there at all. And I think nobody liked to take their children there. Now, with this new event, the heart of Stuttgart will become a place where everybody, kids, adults and grandparents, locals and newcomers, can celebrate together into the new year. Before midnight a show will be hosted. Obviously it will be held in German and it might be difficult to follow the Swabian comedian Dodokay. But there will also be live Jazz music, a drum band, acrobatics and more. So I am sure that even if you don’t speak German you will have a great time.
- The biggest private party might be the one at SI-Centrum. Four floors and a 3 courses buffet await you.
- One of the craziest events on New Year’s Eve is definitely the Let’s get wild Rock’n Roll festival at Universum that lasts for four days, from December 28 to 31!
- Your over 30 and want to have a great time with people your age? Then visit the Ü30 Fete at Zollamt!(Ü stands for über which means over in German… and Fete is a German word for party :-))
- If you like to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Stuttgart in style, the Golden Twenties Silvester Party at Amici is your event. Dress up, marvel at the decoration in the style of this glamorous decade. You can choose between the Gala Dinner and/or Party option.
- Another opportunity for a very festive New Years Eve is Silvester unter Kronleuchtern/New Year’s Eve under Chandeliers at Mövenpick Hotel.
- You’ve had enough dressing up to do for the Christmas celebrations? Then the super casual Come as you are Silvester Party at Maulwurf is the event you want to go to!
- The one and only Rock New Year’s Eve Party of Stuttgart awaits you at Classic Rock Cafe.
- Music from the 80s and 90s awaits you at LKA Longhorn.
- Swing into 2020 at HappyFeet.
- Tango Palace organizes a Milonga-Silvester.
- How about a karaoke party for New Years Eve?! Then visit Q-Stuttgart!
- For all of you who don’t want to stop partying when the sun comes up: At Boa they organize an After Hour Silvester Party that starts at 5 am on January 1!
Of course this is just a small selection of parties and events that are going on on New Year’s Eve in Stuttgart, based on my personal preferences and experiences. And if you want to know more about German traditions on New Year’s Eve, check out this post.