In this brief overview I present my favorite events and things to do for non-German speakers on October 20 and 21 in Stuttgart.
- Don’t miss one of my favorite annual events: Stuttgartnacht on October 20! With one ticket you’ll get access to over 60 cultural venues. Check out my article where I point out my favorite places and events that you can enjoy even if you don’t understand German: How to get out most of Stuttgartnacht 2018 as a non-German-speaker.
- A huge second hand fashion fair is going on this Saturday, October 20, at Kursaal Bad Cannstatt.
- Celebrate South-American lifestyle at the festival Primavera on October 20 at Kulturinsel
- I’m a huge fan of cloths exchange parties. There is one on October 20 at Österreichischer Platz. You can bring up to 7 used cloths (which are still in good condition) and take new pieces home with you.
- Something for all fans of Game of Thrones: Find out how the world of Westeros was created on October 20 at the cinema Metropol.
- Enjoy the new production of Richard Wagner’s Lohengrin performed by Staatsoper Stuttgart via live stream on October 20. From 5 pm onwards you can experience this great piece of art for free and live in your living room when you follow this link: https://www.oper-stuttgart.de/service/live/
- Celebrate diversity with Global Brunch at Bürgerzentrum West on October 21. Enjoy an intercultural program and meet people from all over the world.
- Volkshochschule Stuttgart will celebrate the Day of Cultures on October 21. Over 50 foreign culture clubs will participate this year and fascinate you with a colourful program and food from all around the world.
- For all fans of ballet: There are still some tickets available for Shades of White on October 21 at Stuttgarter Ballett.
- Something for all vegans, vegetarians and everybody who’s interested in a healthy lifestyle: don’t miss the vegan food fair Xond on October 20 and 21 at Phönixhalle in Stuttgart!
- The brand new food fair Speiß und Trank awaits you at Alte Kelter Fellbach on October 20 and 21.
- Celebrate Kraut (cabbage) at Filderkrautfest in Leinfelden-Echterdingen on October 20 and 21.
- How about some body art? Then the tatoo fair at Carl Benz Arena this weekend is your thing!
- If you’re about to get married you can get some inspiration for the big day at the wedding fair Wir heiraten on October 20 and 21 in Stuttgart. If you’re curious about my wedding in Stuttgart and want to find out who’s services I’ve booked, you’ll find more information here.
- The American Days are still going on this weekend. You can choose between many fun events like the hike throgh the beautiful Enz valley, the English used book and bake sale or a writing workshop on Saturday. On Sunday you can enjoy the reading “Night, Mother” by Marsha Norman, art created by local American artists or the concert “Jazz for Kids”.