Mark October 20 in your calendar! Why? Because it’s Stuttgartnacht 2018! In this post I point out all the fun events and locations you can visit and enjoy even if you don’t speak German.
Stuttgartnacht is one of my favorite events in Stuttgart every year. With one ticket (18 Euro) you’ll get admission to over sixty venues like theatres, live clubs, cinemas, churches and more – and all await you with a special program. Of course many of the shows are offered in German but there are still a lot of venues you can visit at Stuttgartnacht 2018 if you don’t speak the language.
Here come my favorite places, shows and exhibitions at Stuttgartnacht 2018 for non-German-speakers:
- Landtag (the parliament of Baden-Württemberg) at Schlossplatz awaits you with the Steely Dan Stuttgart Allstars Band. At 7 and at 9:15 pm you can enjoy a mix of Rock, Jazz, Funk and Pop in the lobby.
- The motto of the night at Rathaus (town hall) is “Rathaus meets Bollywood!” Bollywood Blockbusters will be shown at the foyer, you can get a picture of yourself wearing a Sari or Turban or let your hands turn into beautiful artworks thanks to Henna painting. Of course there will be live music too and you can also ride the historic Paternoster, the old-fashioned elevator that never stops.
- Meet the ghosts of Stuttgart with the fun Ghostwalk tour in English. It starts at 10 pm next to the town hall, corner Schul-/Hirschstrasse
- At Frau Blum, Stuttgart’s first and only erotic boutique, you visit a Burlesque show with Raunchy Rita, Fanny Di Favola and Loreen LaBaffe. The first show starts at 7 pm and they are on every hour. Make sure to get there early as it will get crowded!
- If you want to dive into the Indian culture, you should visit Theater am Faden and listen to traditional Hindustani music at 7:15 and 11:15 pm and the Indian flute at 9:15 pm.
- Inspired by Stephen Hawking’s theories the performances Black Holes have no Hair at St. Maria teach the audience all about the hairdos of black holes – and more. Sounds crazy but great to me! 🙂 The performances are on every hour, starting at 7 pm.
- One of my favorite off-location in Stuttgart is Waggons am Nordbahnhof. The creative heads from there have put together another fun program for Stuttgartnacht 2018. Many artists open their ateliers/wagons for us and we can indulge in robot projections, live tatooing, blacklight games, open stage performances and more. Defenitely worth a visit!
- If bellydance is your thing you shouldn’t miss Essential Bellydance in Bad Cannstatt. You will be able to try bellydance tribal style, vintage style, modern bellydance and more!
- Listen to a mix of American jazz, French manouche, tango, swing, chanchons and Hungarian music at the Hungarian Culture Institute.
- Take a look into space at Sternwarte Stuttgart.
- Relax while having the best view of the town at Fernsehturm Stuttgart (find out more about our famous tv tower here!)
- Some clubs and venues offer a special late night program (called Spätschicht).
Of course the sixty venues offer much, much more than what I can point out here on the blog. For the whole program, addresses of the locations as well as show and workshop times visit: stuttgartnacht.de
Picture credit of all three pictures: PV Projekt Verlag