We have a couple of warm days ahead of us. Find out how you can make the most of a sunny fall day in Stuttgart!
- We have a number of beautiful parks here in Stuttgart. One of the most beautiful ones is Höhenpark Killesberg. It is also a great place to take the whole family. Kids will love the petting zoo, the playgrounds, the fun rides at Elizies historical amusement park and the mini train that runs through the park (in October only on the weekend!). If you want to get an impression of this park, check out my post Taking the railway through Killesbergpark in Stuttgart
- Another park that is well worth visiting in fall in Stuttgart is the one around Villa Berg. The foliage is stunning!
- Did you know that we have a lake in Stuttgart? Max-Eyth-See is located in the north of the city and it makes a nice destination for a walk on a sunny fall day in Stuttgart.
- Bärenschlössle in Stuttgart-West is a true gem. The little hunting castle is located in a forest and next to a lake. It houses a nice restaurant and there is a playground for kids, too. Find out more about this magical place in my post Bärenschlössle Stuttgart – the cute little castle in Stuttgart-West.
- Joseflesweg is a short and nice hike (4 km) in the south of Stuttgart that offers several highlights: You start at Südheimer Platz and take the historical cable car up to Waldfriedhof. From there you walk straight on, pass the old graveyard (or pay it a visit, it’s well worth it!) and follow the sign with the ax. It will lead you through Schwälblesklinge, a romantic valley in the forest that follows a little stream. At the end you will pass the old orchard Kressart before you arrive at the tram station Sonnenberg. Here you find a map of the trail.
- Castle Solitude and the surrounding area are well worth a visit on a sunny fall day in Stuttgart, too. The rococo palace dates back to 1769 and is located in Stuttgart-West. Fun fact: The northern main gate of the castle marks the beginning of Solitudeallee, a partially tree-lined straight avenue leads directly to Ludwigsburg over 13 kilometres. Here you can find out more about Schloss Solitude.
- My favorite area for hiking near Stuttgart all year round is Schönbuch Nature Park. I can highly recommend the trail that leads you past abbey Bebenhausen to the royal hunting cabin. For more information about the trail check out my post Hiking in the Schönbuch Nature Park
- If you’re new in Stuttgart and want to get to know the city center, a sunny fall day is a great opportunity to do so. For a detailed tour check out my post Stuttgart city center tour for you and your visitors.
- Last but not least, you can take advantage of the good weather and visit the TV-Tower of Stuttgart. Ride the lift up to the visitor platform and enjoy the view! To get an impression of what will await you check out my post A sunny day at the top of TV-Tower Stuttgart.
Those are my favorite places to spend a sunny fall day in Stuttgart. What are you’re plans for this weekend?