Brrr, it’s suddenly cold outside, isn’t it? You can see that summer is gone when you look at the events this October in Stuttgart, too. Slowly but surely the open air festivals vanish and more and more fun indoor events pop up.
- OK, I have to take back what I just said right away as some highlight events are taking place outside, like the fun annual festival around the pumpkin, the Kürbisausstellung (pumpkin festival) in Ludwigsburg! It is on throughout October, until November 4. I’ve recently visited the festival with the little one in tow and had a great time! Read more about our experience in my post Celebrating the pumpkin.
- And of course there is Cannstatter Wasen taking place until October 13. Your annual chance to dance on tables and drink beer out of huge Bierkrüge!
- You have too many clothes? But you wouldn’t mind some new(ish) pieces? Then visit the Kleidertauschparty/Clothes Exchange Party on October 3 at Raupe Immersatt! Bring your used stuff and take home some other second hand pieces.
- Dance Salsa on October 5 at Stadtpalais.
- Laugh the night away at English Comedy Night at Climax Institutes on October 5.
- Struggling with German? Then this is your month! First of all you can visit the play The awful German language by Mark Twain on October 7, performed by NEAT at Merlin. Secondly, my fun German Conversations groups are back! More about this later in the post.
- On October 10 the International Women’s Club of Stuttgart organizes a Bump & Baby Playgroup (0-3 years) starting at 10 am at EKIZ in Stuttgart-West. New members are very welcome.
- Enjoy pulled pork and spare ribs, burgers and hot dogs or donuts, freak shakes, cupcakes, cookie dough and more at the American Food Festival between October 11 and 13 at the U-Bahn station Hofen.
- Another Kleidertauschparty/Clothes Exchange Party takes place at VHS Stuttgart on October 11.
- Meet local companies and creative minds at the fair Made in Stuggi on October 12 and 13. Next to culinary highlights, fashion, jewelry, design and furniture will await you at Carl Benz Arena.
- Get to know Möhringen better this October in Stuttgart, at the street festival Möhringer Herbst on October 13. Local shops will be open and await you with some nice specials.
- You want to improve your spoken German and meet new people at the same time? Then you should join my German Conversation Groups! We meet once a week, starting on October 17, for ten times in a row in cafés in downtown Stuttgart. My philosophy to conversation groups is that an atmosphere where everybody feels comfortable is crucial. Thus I keep the groups super small (max 6 people). I offer different groups that range from level B1 to C2. For the first time I also offer two groups during the day, the other groups take place in the evening. So if you want to train your spoken German – or finally loose your fear to speak German – contact me! 🙂
- On October 18 and 19 you can shop for creative design items and fashion pieces at Kunst und Design Markt/Market for Art and Design at Im Wizemann. Over 140 artists and sellers will be present.
- Are you currently looking for a job? Then you should visit the fair Jobmesse on October 19 at Messe Stuttgart. There will be career opportunities for all ages and qualification levels. Moreover, the accompanying program includes free application portfolio checks, presentations on career search topics as well as application photo shootings.
- You like disco and you like bowling? Then Disco Bowling organized by Stuttgart Expat Meetups on October 19 at City Bowling Stuttgart is your event! 🙂
- Stuttgartnacht is one of my favorite annual events in Stuttgart! This year, on October 19, 60 venues like theaters, clubs, churches, cinemas… participate. You buy one ticket and can visit as many as you want. THE chance to get to know a lot about Stuttgart in one night!
- Forró de Domingo meets Arte Nacional Capoeira Stuttgart on October 19 at Aloft Stuttgart.
- Leinfelden-Echterdingen is home of the famous Filderkrautfest/Filder cabbage. And this cabbage will be celebrated at Filderkrautfest on October 19 and 20 all over town. The fun festival starts even on October 18 with a long shopping night and shops will also be open on Sunday! Next to many food stands live music and program highlights for young and old await you.
- Here’s something for foodies: The fair Speiß &Trank/Food&Drinks will be held at Alte Kelter Fellbach on October 19 and 20. Here you can try exclusive wine, craft beer and handmade treats.
- Play beerpong on October 23 at TSM University Hohenheim. Because… why not?! 😀
- On October 24 and 31 you can enjoy what is probably the silliest staging of Romeo and Juliet ever: Romeo and Juliet (with Clowns) performed by NEAT. And yes, there will be clowns. A lot of them. Actually every character will be played by a clown. That definitely sounds like a night at the theater you don’t want to miss!
- Are you in need of some fabric? Then come to Stoffmarkt/Fabric Market at Karlsplatz on October 25. More than 140 sellers will be present.
- On October 26 you can shop the night away at Long Shopping Night in downtown Stuttgart. The city will also be beautifully illuminated for the occasion.
- Markt der Völker/Market of Nations is a huge market for international handicraft. It takes place from October 31 to November 3 at Phoenixhalle.
Transparency: This article contains unpaid advertisements. In this post I point out events that are going on this October in Stuttgart that I can recommend personally. I did not get paid by the organizers to do so. Paid contend is always highlighted as such on Living in Stuttgart. Moreover, I researched the information about the events to my best knowledge but I cannot be hold responsible for any inaccuracy.
Picture credit titel photo: canvas.com