If you want to explore Stuttgart, there is one event that is just perfect for that: Stuttgartnacht on October 14!
Every year, Stuttgartnacht is one of my highlight events. With one ticket (17 Euro) you get admission to al the participating venues. Nearly 60 selected theatres, live clubs, cinemas, churches and more intriguing places participate in the Stuttgartnacht! The ticket also includes free rides with busses and trams within the VVS-Network.
Stuttgartnacht: Location ideas for expats
There are so many great places, shows, exhibitions etc. you can visit on Stuttgartnacht. Let me point out my favorite ones that you can enjoy even if you don’t speak or understand German:
- Stuttgarter Rathaus (City Hall): Ride the old, historical lift “Paternoster”, gaze into the night sky with the help of telescopes and the Observatory Stuttgart and listen to Kevin Tarte and Band in the great assembly hall. The mayors of Stuttgart will make you dance the night away at the party “My Mayor is my DJ”, starting at 11 pm.
- Jazzclubs Kiste and BIX: If you like Jazz music, make sure to visit the Jazzclubs Kiste and BIX for live music.
- Keller Klub: Enjoy a glimpse of a real burlesque show (10 minutes) with Celeste de Moriae starting at 7:30, 9 and 10:30 pm and Fräulein Flauschig starting at 8, 9:30 and 11 pm.
- Frau Blum: Another burlesque show (30 minutes) will be performed every full hour starting at 7 pm at Frau Blum.
- Friedhof (Graveyard) Heslach: Listen to funeral Jazz from New Orleans and get to know the Mexican tradition “Dias de los Muertos”.
- Theater am Faden (theater on a string): Get fascinated by puppets and masks from Eastern Europe and Asia and listen to live music from India and Afrika.
- Fernsehturm (TV-Tower): Enjoy a 360-degree view over Stuttgart by night! A sight you won’t forget.
- If you want to learn new dancing moves you can participate in different workshops at Tango Salon (Argentinian tango), El Pasito (Flamenco, Bachata), Kulturwerk (Charleston, Lindy Hop, Bollywood Dance), Essential Bellydance (Oriental Dance, Tribal Dance, Bollywood Dance, Polynesian Dance), Salsa Company (Kizomba, Bachata, Salsa) and Tango Ocho (Argentinian Tango).
Of course the 60 venues offer much, much more than what I can point out here on the blog. For the whole program, addresses of the locations as well as show and workshop times visit: stuttgartnacht.de
Picture credit of featured image: stuttgartnacht.de