In this brief overview I present my favorite events and things to do for non-German speakers on July 20 and 21 in Stuttgart. Some of the highlights are the Hamburger Fischmarkt, Bohnenviertelfest and Ballet in the Park.
[This post contains unpaid advertisements based on personal recommendations]
- This weekend, on July 20 and 21 you have the chance to enjoy many Indian movies at the Indian Film Festival that will be held at Metropol cinema.
- Summer Festival of Cultures/Sommerfest der Kulturen is still going on this weekend. Enjoy food, music and a colourful entertainment program from all over the globe.
- The Hamburger Fischmarkt/Fish Market Hamburg will close it’s gates on July 21 so take the chance and visit this great market this weekend at Karlsplatz.
- Möhringen feiert/Möhringen celebrates is the street festival of this part of the city. On July 20 and 21 food stands, live music and fun and games for kids await you.
- Visit Stuttgart am Meer/Stuttgart at the sea, the summer festival of Stadtpalais on July 20 and 21 in Stuttgart downtown.
- Celebrate Flamenco at the annual festival Flamenquitos this weekend.
- Stuttgart Expat Meetups organizes a fun Savenger Hunt on Saturday, July 20.
- On July 20 the huge flea market just for girls Mädchenflohmarkt will be held at LKH Longhorn.
- And another flea market takes also place on July 20,the Vintage Kilo Sale: At Café Holzapfel you can buy second hand clothes by the kilo!
- One of the favorite street festivals amongst locals is Bohnenviertelfest. It is going on until July 20.
- Live music, theater performances, circus attractions and of course food and drinks await you at Lange Ost Nacht/Long East Night on July 20.
- At Cannstatter Kulturmenü you can explore the rich diversity this quarter has to offer when it comes to art, music and food on July 20.
- Dance Salsa underneath the stars/Salsa unter den Sternen at Mercedes-Benz-Museuzm on July 20.
- Bring a picknick blanket, some snacks and good friends and enjoy Shades of White at Ballet im Park in front of the opera house on July 20.
- On July 21 Killesberg and many of its attached cultural institutions celebrate a stylish Summer Festival.
- Cannstatter Fischerstechen (which translates literally to “Cannstatter stinging of fisherman”…) is a 300 years old tradition that is still in place today. On July 21 you can watch “fisherman” (or whoever wants to participate :-)) trying to throw each other into the water. Of course there are also food stands and live music.
Transparency: This article contains unpaid advertisements. I point out events that are going on this weekend in Stuttgart that I can recommend personally. I did not get paid by the organizers to do so. Paid contend is always highlighted as such on Living in Stuttgart. Moreover, I researched the information about the events to my best knowledge but I cannot be hold responsible for any inaccuracy.