In this brief overview I present my favorite events and things to do for non-German speakers on February 16 and 17 in Stuttgart.
- There is a fun Book Day celebration going on at Children’s English Library on February 16. Everybody who dresses up as their most beloved character has the chance to win a prize!
- If you’re into Fasching (Carnival), there are two events going on this weekend that you might want to visit. One is the Dance Tournament with a Male Ballet on February 16 at Österfeldhalle, in Stuttgart-Vaihingen and a Carnival Party for kids on February 17 at the same location. Both events are organized by Karnevalsgesellschaft Schwarze Husaren.
- For more Fasching fun you can join the international group AEGEE on February 16 and go with them to the village of Lorch (the really wild Carnival parties are not celebrated in the big cities but in the small villages :-))
- And more Carnival: You can celebrate a huge Fasching Party at Turn- und Versammlungshalle Hedelfingen on February 16.
- Shop for individual artwork, fashion and designs at Kunst- und Designmarkt on February 16 at Im Wizemann.
- You can watch the Indian movie Peranbu Tamil in its original version with English subtitles on February 16 at Delphi Arthaus Cinema.
- Stuttgart’s main soccer club VfB Stuttgart plays against RB Leipzig on February 16 at Mercedes-Benz Arena.
- Have you ever listened to German Schlager Music? You can do so on February 16 at Milchbar! Be prepared for a crazy and colorful night full of love and peace.
- Did you know that Stuttgart has its own version of the Taj Mahal? The buildings might look different but the story behind them is similar: Big love, early death, beautiful building – to put it in a nutshell 🙂 You can visit Grabkapelle Württemberg for free on February 17 if you bring your partner and give each other a kiss at the entrance.
- If you want to participate in a Gospel service you can do so on February 17 at Friedenskirche.
- You plan to organize an event in 2019? Then you will find lots of inspiration at the fair Feste feiern at Hotel Pullman on February 17.
- If you want to learn how to dance salsa you can do so in an international environment on February 17 at Club International Stuttgart.
- Visit a Gospel service on February 17 at Gospelhaus.
- Listen to traditional music from South India at Theater am Faden on February 16 and 17 in Stuttgart.
- As the weather will be beautiful sunny this weekend, how about making use of and going on a hike? The Witch Trail in Möhringen is a nice trail for example.
Transparency: This article contains unpaid advertisements. In this post I point out events that are going on this weekend in Stuttgart that I can recommend personally. I did not get paid by the organizators to do so. Paid contend is always highlighted as such on Living in Stuttgart.