2019! A brand new year. Let’s hope it will be a good one, filled with peace, health, happiness and laughter. All the Christmas themed events are over but there is still a lot going on this January in Stuttgart!
- One tiny Christmas market is left until January 1 in Stuttgart: Wintertraum at Schlossplatz with its few stands and the ice rink.
- In my opinion the best circus in Stuttgart: Until January 6 you have the chance to visit Weltweihnachtszirkus at Cannstatter Wasen. Fun for the young and the young at heart.
- If you haven’t visited the Christmas Garden at Wilhelma you can do so until until January 6. To find out more about Christmas Garden, check out my post A visit at Christmas Garden in Stuttgart.
- You like figure ice skating and the old tradition of Russian circuses? Then Circus on Ice will be your thing! You can visit the show on January 1.
- Start the new year with a song at Biddy Early’s Karaoke Party on January 2!
- The Nutcracker is one of the most famous ballets performed around Christmas time. You can go see it on January 2 and 5 at Liederhalle.
- Watch a French Movie in French at Jour Fixe du Cinéma Francais at Delphi cinema on January 2.
- Who doesn’t love the Cinderella story? On January 2, 8, 10, 19 and 23 you can watch La Cenerentola at the Opera House in Stuttgart, sung in Italian.
- You might have heard and noticed that Stuttgart will get a new train station. If you’re interested in how far the work has proceeded – or if you (or you kids) love big construction sites, you should mark January 4 to 6 in your calendar as this are the days of the Open Construction Site.
- You have heard a lot about Raclette (the most beloved meal on New Year’s Eve in Germany) and want to try it yourself? Then go to Café Justus on January 4 as they organize a Raclette evening!
- Go ice dancing yourself at Eisdisco Waldau every Sunday this January in Stuttgart!
- Listen to some winter tales on January 7 at Merlin, presented by The New English American Theatre Stuttgart and The Writers in Stuttgart.
- You want to increase you German skills? Then visit Spielend Deutsch lernen at Stadtbibliothek Stuttgart on January 8.
- You will get married in 2019 in Stuttgart? Then you will find some inspiration for the big day at the fair Trau dich at Liederhalle on January 12 and 13 and at the fair Fest versprochen on the same dates at ImWizemann.
- You need some inspiration for you holidays in 2019? Then you should visit CMT – The holiday exhibition between January 12 and 20 at Messe Stuttgart. Find some tips for How to survive CMT in my post from 2018.
- The famous English singer Tony Christie will be in Stuttgart on January 20 at Schleyer-Halle.
- Are you interested in reading American literature? Then join the group Let’s read at DAZ – Deutsch Amerikanisches Zentrum. On January 24 we are going to discuss There, There by Tommy Orange.
- Here comes something for all fans of the Starks, the Lannisters and of course the queen of dragons: Game of Thrones life in Concert! On January 24 at Liederhalle!
- If you can’t get enough of figure ice skating: The famous show Holiday on Ice will be in Stuttgart at Porsche Arena between January 24 and 27.
- If you like spirits, you mustn’t miss the fair 0177 Spirits between January 25 and 27 at Phoenixhalle. Fine whisky, rum, gin, tequila, wine and beer await you.
- You like gospel music? Then you shouldn’t miss The Original USA Gospel Singers & Band on January 26 at Liederhalle.
- Watch the show Grande Revue at Friedrichsbau Variete and get enchanted throughout January.
Transperacy: This article contains unpaid advertisements. In this post I point out events that are going on this January in Stuttgart that I can recommend personally. I did not get paid by the organisators to do so. Paid contend is always highlighted as such on Living in Stuttgart.
Picture credit for title foto: canva.com