The CMT 2018 is in town! It is the world’s largest annual consumer show for tourism and leisure and it takes place in Stuttgart between January 13 and 21.
At CMT you can find your dream holiday and everything you need for it as well as the latest travel trends and new destinations. Get to know various countries, regions and cities, have a look at (and into) caravans and motorhomes and shop for equipment for your next vacation. Moreover numerous shows, international folklore and culinary delights from around the world await you.
I love this fair and I try to go every year. In this post I would like to share some tips that might help you plan your visit at CMT 2018 in Stuttgart:
- If you have the chance, take a day off and visit CMT 2018 in Stuttgart during the week! The fair is huge and VERY crowded on the weekend. If you have to visit on a Saturday or Sunday, make sure you arrive early and be prepared to meet many other travel enthusiasts.
- Leave your car at home and take the S-Bahn. It is the easiest way to get there as the stop Flughafen is just next to Messe Stuttgart, were the CMT is located at. You can plan your trip here.
- Make sure to take a copy of the visitor guide before you enter the fair. You find it at the information and meeting point. It includes a map and makes getting around much easier. However, for some reason it is hard to find a copy somewere on the fair. So take it with you when you enter.
- If you’re visiting the CMT for a specific reason, maybe because you want to get information about a certain country, make a plan! Check out the visitor guide a the beginning or even do some research about where the stands you’re interested in are located at on the CMT’s online exhibitor index. The CMT 2018 in Stuttgart is huge and you will not notice how time flies while you stroll through the halls. Browsing through the fair without any plan is lot’s of fun but if you want to get information about a certain topic, check out were you want to go and go there first!
- Wear comfy shoes! This might sound stupid but I can tell from own experience that it not unlikely to get blisters while walking around the CMT for the whole day when you’re wearing the wrong pair of shoes. So leave the high heels at home and choose sneakers.
- Bring a backpack. Especially when you plan to get information about a certain topic. Believe me, at CMT you will find TONS of information. And it comes in brochures. And brochures add up and become heavy. Real pros come with a trolley. Whereas I think a backpack is sufficient – but you decide for yourselves 🙂
- My last tip depends on what you prefer: If you want to save money, bring your own snacks. As food isn’t cheap at CMT 2018. However, if you want to turn your visit into a culinary highlight, bring money. You will find a lot of stands that offer either local or exotic food. It all comes with a price of course but it’s a great opportunity to try different things.
More information about: