Some more sunny days are in front of us. But what to do on such a lovely spring weekend in Stuttgart? Here comes a list of my top 5 things to do.
1. Get active
Sunny spring days are awesome for outdoor fun! Stuttgart is surrounded by beautiful nature so there’s a bunch of great places you could go to. For inspiration visit my former posts about:
- Eselsmühle in Siebenmühlental (and download a hiking brochure of Siebenmühlental for free here)
- Bärenschlössle in Stuttgart-West – a lovely mini castle next to a lake
- a bike trip along the Neckar
- go hiking, for example at the beginning of the Black Forest to the ruins of castle Zavelstein
2. Enjoy colorful flowers
Everywhere you look at the moment you see blooming flowers. Great places to marvel at them are:
- the zoological and botanical garden Wilhelma (over 5,000 different species and varieties of plants await you – expect an overdose of blossom :-))
- the Killesberg Hill Park with its amazing flower beds. This park is also lot’s of fun for kids with its petting zoo, the historical fun fair, the playgrounds and the mini railway about with I wrote in this former post.
3. Stroll over Frühlingsfest
The Frühlingsfest – the spring version of the Oktoberfest, will open its gates this weekend, on April 21. Fun rides, lot’s of food stands and of course beer tents will await you this spring weekend in Stuttgart.
4. Have an ice cream
Do you feel like ice cream, too? You get a scope of gelato nearly around every corner on a sunny spring day in Stuttgart but for good quality I can recommend these places:
- Eis-Bistro Pinguin at Eugensplatz. An institution in Stuttgart. Here you can enjoy your ice cream and a great view over Stuttgart from Eugensplatz at the same time.
- Gelateria Kaiserbau at Marienplatz where you can try quite creative creations. My favorite: elderflower-lime!
- Not the cheapest place but definitely worth a visit because the ice cream is amazing: Old Bridge at Bolzstraße and Eberhardstraße. Fun Facts: the cream on top comes for free and if you order one portion you can divide it into two flavors.
5. Eat outside
When the temperature climbs above 20 degrees I want to sit and eat outside. Do you feel the same? If yes, how about visiting Tschechen & Söhne on top of Karlshöhe? From there you’ve got a lovely view above Stuttgart. Moreover, one of my favorite beer gardens out of Stuttgart opens this weekend: Schwabengarten in Leinfelden-Echterdingen. Definitely worth a visit, too!
If you feel like organizing a barbecue check out this map where you find public bbq places in Stuttgart.
But these are just a few ideas for fun things to do on a sunny spring weekend in Stuttgart. What are your favorites? And what will you be up to this weekend?