Hi guys! The open air season is definitely over but don’t worry, it won’t get boring in Stuttgart. There are a lot of fun things to do in October here in Stuttgart.
Picture credit: www.kaffeeundkuchen.co
- The Cannstatter Volksfest, the Stuttgart version of the Oktoberfest (and of course the muuuuch better event :-)) is on until October 9. Get thrilled in one of the fun rides, dance on a table in a beer tent and have ferry floss, Magenbrot or a bag of roasted almonds.Photo credit: in.Stuttgart / Thomas Niedermueller
- Also still on in October is the Pumpkin Festival in Ludwigsburg! This is such a fun event. Thousands of pumpkins are on display. This year`s theme: Welcome to the Circus! But you don’t only have to look at the pumpkins, there are a lot of food stands as well – even a gourmet one! 🙂 If you want to know more about this event, check out my friend Meredith’s post Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Festival 2016!Photo credit: www.kaffeeundkuchen.co
- On October 2 you and your family can look behind the scenes of the Wilhelma, the zoo and botanical gardens of Stuttgart. At Wilhelmatag you can go backstage, hear fun stories about the animals and exotic plants and a rich entertainment program awaits you. Kids pay 8 Euro entrance fee, adults 16. There is a family ticket for 40 Euro as well.
- When the days get shorter and the nights darker, I love to go to the theater again. Have you heard of NEAT, the new english american theater company? This October, they perform several times at Theater am Olgaeck: On October 10 and 13 you can see Dracula and on October 27 Animal Farm.
- The first Burlesque Festival of Stuttgart is on at Keller Club on October 7. Twelve performers from all over Europe participate in the contest. Sounds like a lot of fun!
Finding great limousine services isn’t always that easy but picking the right one comes with great rewards and assurance of quality and satisfaction. This website will help you on how to pick the right limousine service as you plan your next event: http://drivelinepost.jimdo.com/
- The lovely little design and art fair Deine Eigenart will be held at Wizemann in Bad Cannstatt on October 8. Shop for your new special somethings – might it be cloths, decoration or art.
- Another fair takes place at Römerkastell in Bad Cannstatt on October 8 and 9: At Xond – vegan for everybody you’ll find all kind of vegan products and companies: cosmetics, food, cloths, mobility and much more. Tickets are available for 8 Euro per day, a 2-day-pass for 15 Euro
- A very special event I’m looking forward to a lot is Global Brunch goes Staatstheater. On October 9 you can brunch at Staatstheater and try food from Poland, Mozambique, Chile and Mongolia. The Staatstheater presents several performances as well. Admission fee: 15 Euro.
- On October 12 the French Weeks begin. More than 60 events await us in and around Stuttgart until October 23: readings, movie nights, art exhibitions, music events and much more.
- A Craft Beer Tasting is on at Jazzclub Bix on October 12! Beer sommelière Kessi Dinkelaker introduces you to five different beers from Schönbuch Braumanufaktur and some more beers from German and international breweries. Tickets for the tasting and finger food: 29 Euro.
- On October 15 it’s Stuttgart Night again! I love this event! More than 70 locations participate this year. All over the town you can visit, see and experience concerts, movies, guided walks, performaces and, and, and… 🙂 Tickets are available for 17 Euro.Photo credit: Stuttgartnacht
- Have you ever participated in a Japanese tea ceremony? If not, you have the chance to do so on October 16 at Lindenmuseum. Entrance fee: 4 Euro, bookings until October 13.
- You liked the Beer Tasting at Jazzclub Bix? Then how about their Rum Tasting on October 19?! 🙂 Entrance fee: 50 Euro
- October 31 = Halloween! A lot of clubs offer special Halloween parties. One of the biggest is certainly the Halloween party at Si-Centrum in Möhringen. The Tickets for 22 Euro include a welcome drink, fun on several dance floors, a fire show and other specials.
As you can see, there are many great things to do in October in Stuttgart. What are you looking forward to in particular? And did I miss something important? Let me know your opinion to my favorite things to do in October in the comment section!