Hello you lovely people. I haven’t done a “What’s up this month”-post in a while. But here it comes again for this April, a Corona-edition with online events and things to do that won’t increase the risk of infecting yourself or others. Have a great April, despite the whole crazy situation!
- On April 1 Stuttgart Ballet offers Beethoven-Ballette as video-on-Demand. It will stay online until April 5.
- Every Thursday between 1:15 pm and 1:45 pm you can pimp your lunch break with a virtual Lunchkonzert, performed by the musicians of Staatsorchester Stuttgart.
- If you follow my blog for a while, you know that I am a huge fan of Escape/Exit Games! D.a.i. Tübingen offers an online one in English on April 8.
- Calling all book lovers! You like reading books and discussing them afterwards? Then you can join the online Book Discussion on April 9, organized by d.a.i Tübingen. This month’s topic:James Baldwin, Go Tell it on the Mountain.
- Join English-speaking people from all over the world who meet once a month for good and casual conversation at Stammtisch Transatlantik, organized by DAZ on April 12.
- On April 12, the theatre group NEAT will present the virtual play “Dolores“ by Edward Allan Baker on youtube.
- You like boardgames? Than you might want to join the virtual boardgame night of d.a.i on April 15!
- A very special modern ballet project can be watched online on April 16. Eric Gauthier, creative head of Gauthier Dance at Theaterhaus Stuttgart, and altogether 64 artists (!) have come up with “The Dying Swan Project”. At 16 locations in Stuttgart the team has shot dance videos that will take your breath away. The virtual premier takes place on April 16 on the youtube channel of Theaterhaus Stuttgart and on Eric Gautier’s Intagram account.
- On April 22 it is Earth Day. You can celebrate this special day by joining this online event, a transatlantic dialogue between a top ranger of the Yosemite National Park, established in 1890, and a senior staff member of the Black Forest National Park, established in 2014.
- For more virtual events offered by local businesses you can check out my series fun online courses and events.
- You find inspiration for you next hike or walk in the Stuttgart area in my series Hikes and excursions in and around Stuttgart.
Have a great April! Stay save and healthy.