In my new series Stuttgart Hacks I share information that might make your life in Stuttgart a bit easier. Today I talk about diaper changing stations/Wickelzimmer in Stuttgart.
I admit, today’s Stuttgart Hack is only interesting for parents with infants and toddlers. But for those it can be a lifesaver!
Have you ever wondered where in downtown Stuttgart you can change diapers? Here come my favorite spots in town:
Stuttgart Hack: My 5 favorite diaper changing stations in Stuttgart are…
- every dm in town! The drug store chain does not only have diaper changing stations, they even provide diapers and wipes FOR FREE! As a bonus, some dms even have a special booth for breastfeeding.
- city hall/Rathaus (Marktplatz 1,70173 Stuttgart). You have to ask for the key at the reception. Next to the changing station the room provides a small kitchen were you can warm up food as well as some toys and a play area. And don’t worry, you don’t have to carry the pram/stroller up the stairs in front of the main entrance in order to get inside. Facing the city hall turn left, walk through the passage on your right into Eichstraße and pass the gate on your right. Next to a flight of stairs you will find a lift that will bring you onto the ground floor where you find both, the reception and the changing room. Here is a link to googlemaps where I have put a marker on the lift.
- Haus der Kath. Kirche (Königstraße 7, 70173 Stuttgart). The changing room is located in the lower floor. On the ground floor you also find a spacious café where you can easily take the pram/stroller inside.
- Stadtbibliothek/city library (Mailänder Platz 1, 70173 Stuttgart). Simply ask one of the security guys for the keys. If you also have older children with you: the city library has a great section for kids! Well worth a visit.
- vhs stuttgart (Rotebühlplatz 28, 70173 Stuttgart) on the ground floor.