I am popping in today from my maternity leave to share with you all the fun events that await us this September in Stuttgart that you can enjoy even if you don’t speak German! Some of the highlights include Kürbisausstellung in Ludwigsburg, Stuttgarter Weindorf in downtown Stuttgart and Cannstatter Wasen – our “Oktoberfest” 🙂
- What would fall be without pumpkins, right?! A great annual festival around the pumpkin is Kürbisausstellung/Pumpkin Festival in Ludwigsburg! It is on throughout September, until November 3.
- Shop for great second hand deals at the flea market Floh- und Krämermarkt at Marienplatz on September 7.
- Stuttgart is a wine growing and wine loving city. And the Stuttgarter Weindorf is THE event to celebrate this. The wine festival is still going on until September 8.
- If you think you have to travel to Scotland to enjoy Highlandgames you might be delighted to hear that we have them in Stuttgart-Weilimdorf on September 7 and 8, too.
- The Feuersee in Stuttgart-West is one of my favorite locations in Stuttgart. So you can guess that the annual street festival Feuerseefest is one of my favorite festivals in Stuttgart as well 🙂 The lake and the beautiful church in the background make the atmosphere quite magical, especially after dark. Go and see it for yourself between September 12 and 15.
- From September 13 to 15 you can celebrate in Stuttgart-Vaihingen at the street festival Vaihinger Herbst. Food stands, local shops and artists as well as live music await you.
- Suit up! And meet other expats on September 14 at the Suit Up Party organized by Stuttgart Expat Meetups at O.T. Bar.
- Visit some of Stuttgart’s hottest hotel bars at Long Night of Hotel Bars/Lange Nacht der Hotelbars on September 14. Le Mèridien, Jaz, Althoff, Maritim and Aloft await you.
- There’s supposed to be a Veggie Food Festival on September 15 in Stuttgart. I didn’t find much information about this event bus as a vegetarian myself I am curious to find out what it’s about.
- On September 15 the great flea market Großer Herbstflohmarkt will take place at Karlsplatz.
- Are you craving for American food? Then you should visit the American Food Festival between September 20 and 22 at Pariser Platz and enjoy some burgers, spare ribs, hot dogs and more.
- On September 21 you can check out 15 clubs at Long Night of Clubs/Lange Nacht der Club. 7Grad, Boa and Keller Klub are just three examples of participating locations.
- Shop for a good cause on September 21 at the CSD Charity Flea Market at Karlsplatz. 100 % of the earnings will be donated to the CSD.
- September 21 is World Cleanup Day. Make the most of it and join the Cleanup Network at Oberer Schlossgarten. Even though you will pick up litter you might want to look nice as a camera team will accompany you 🙂
- Si-Centrum will organize a huge flea market on September 21. Find the one or other treasure from the attics and basements of private sellers as well as the companies located at Si-Centrum.
- You want to get to know the art scene in Stuttgart? Then visit Art Alarm on September 21 and 22! 18 galleries are participating, showcasing the broad variety of the art scene in Stuttgart.
- Our version of the Octoberfest, the “Wasen”, will start again this September in Stuttgart! 🙂 From September 27 until October 13 all the fun rides and beer tents that we love so much can be found at Cannstatter Wasen.
- On September 28 Die Staatstheater Stuttgart will organize a very special flea market: at Vintage-Salon you can find the one or other costume that was used on stage as well as second hand clothes offered by private sellers
Transparency: This article contains unpaid advertisements. In this post I point out events that are going on this September in Stuttgart that I can recommend personally. I did not get paid by the organizers to do so. Paid contend is always highlighted as such on Living in Stuttgart. Moreover, I researched the information about the events to my best knowledge but I cannot be hold responsible for any inaccuracy.