If you follow my blog for a while already, you know that I’m not a big fan of February. I enjoy winter, snow and cold weather during Christmas time (when I can warm up at a Christmas market with a Glühwein :-)) and am still fine with it in January (when we usually have the first decent amount of snow) but in February, I’m over it. I want spring and warm weather and outdoor events. But after checking what’s going on this February in Stuttgart I am quite content that some fun weeks are awaiting us.
- You like wine and want to try some nice local ones? Then Urban Winetasting on February 2 at Schräglage might be your thing. The wines will be presented in German but they taste the same weather you speak the language or not 🙂Picture Credit: canva.com
- Celebrate the Japanese New Year’s Eve festival Shinnenkai on February 2 at Lindenmuseum with traditional music, theater, food and drinks!
- As every first Saturday in a new month you can visit a real Burlesque show at Corso Bar on February 2. The local Burlesque star Fanny di Favola will be performing, too.
- On February 3 you can enjoy the Super Bowl 2019 in Stuttgart together with other American Football fans and the local German Football League club – Stuttgart Scorpions at the cinema Metropol.
- How about vising the theater? You can do so on February 4 and watch NEAT (New English American Theater) perform The Vagina Monologues by Eve Ensler at Merlin. You can also watch the play on February 8 at Kulturwerk and on February 15 at Theater am Olgaeck.
- If you like French movies in their original version, don’t miss Jour fixe du Cinema Francais on February 6 at Delphi Arthaus Cinema.
- A utopian journey into the world of music offers the festival ECLAT. Between February 6 and 10 you can meet new music trends, premiers and first performances from new composers and musicians from various fields.
- Enjoy a relaxed after work glass of wine with good music at Weinmusketier on February 7.
- Ladies, mark February 9 in your calendars: there will be a big flea market for girls taking place at Liederhalle! Next to pretty used cloth and vintage treasures you can enjoy live acts and fun beauty stands (pssst: make sure you get their fun giveaways!).
- You like marching bands? Then don’t miss Europe’s biggest Festival of Military Music and Marching Bands on February 9 at Porsche Arena.
- February 9 seems to be the day of flea markets. You can also shop the night away at Nachtflohmarkt at Wagenhallen between 6 pm and midnight.
- You like whisky? And you like beer, too? Why not bringing both together – at a special Whisky and Beer Tasting at Jazzclub BIX on February 11.
- Do you want to improve your spoken German, meet other expats and get to know Stuttgart better at the same time? On February 13 I will start a German Conversation Group. We will meet six Wednesday afternoons in a row in a location in downtown Stuttgart, speak German and have fun. In order to get most out of the Conversation Group you should have completed at least a B2 course in German. Please find more information and a registration form here.
- You like American literature? Then you should join the reading group “Let’s read”, their next meeting will take place on February 14 at DAZ.
- Have you ever participated in a silent disco? Don’t miss your chance to do so on February 15 at Universum.
- Shop for individual artwork, fashion and designs at Kunst- und Designmarkt on February 15 and 16 at Im Wizemann.
- Listen to traditional music from South India at Theater am Faden on February 16 and 17.
- If you want to learn how to dance salsa you can do so in an international environment on February 17 at Club International Stuttgart.
- Visit a Gospel service on February 17 at Gospelhaus.
- If you want to learn a bit about Germany’s history, visit the talk The Revolution of 1918-19 and the Path to Democracy in Germany at volkshochschule Stuttgart on February 18. As this event takes place during the week where volkshochschule celebrates its 100. aniversairy, it will be free of charge.
- On February 19 volkshochschule stuttgart offers a very special event: Dinner & Dialogue. It will be the first event out of a series of four and the topic of the evening will be “Democracy, Social Media and Fake News”. This event will also be free of charge.
- If you want to meet me and learn how you can start your own blog: I will be talking at volkshochschule stuttgart on February 21 about exactly this topic and I am looking forward to meeting some of you guys there! 🙂 This event is also part of the celebration week and thus free of charge.
- More theater by NEAT awaits us on February 21 and 28 at Theater am Olgaeck: A raisin in the sun tells the story of a black family struggling against segregation and living in poverty in a dilapidated one-bedroom apartment on Chicago’s south side.
- Are you a Game of Thrones-fan, too?! In order to make the time we have to wait until we can finally watch the final season a bit more bearable we can visit the concert show Game of Thrones on February 24 at Liederhalle. A live orchester, a choir and solo artists will perform music from the series while we can watch visual effects on a huge screen.
- You like fly fishing? Well, aparently there is a Fly Fishing Film Festival in town on February 26 at the cinema EM.
- On February 28 you can watch the movie Dans la Cour in the original French version at Institute francais.
- February is the month where the Fasching (Carnival) events start to kick in. Find out more in my post Fasching in Stuttgart.
- If you like ice skating but are disappointed that the lakes in and around Stuttgart are not frozen enough to step on them, you might want to visit Eiswelt at Waldau this February in Stuttgart. It is open every day throughout February until the end of March. There is even an ice disco every Sunday and ice skating with music and special light on Wednesdays and Fridays.
New cooperation with volkshochschule stuttgart
I have formed a non-paid cooperation with volkshochschule stuttgart for the new semester. From my previous post about their new international program you might remember that I am a huge fan of their new courses in English. This semester I want to point out several courses every month. For February I can recommend the following:
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation (Start: February 21)
- Yoga (Start: February 19)
- Lunchtime Back and Fascia Training (Start: February 21)
- Pilates in the Morning (Start: February 19)
- Lunchtime Pilates (Start: February 18)
- Zumba (Start: February 19)
Ok guys, I hope you’ll have a wonderful February in Stuttgart! As always: I am happy to read from you in the comment section! 🙂
Transparency: This article contains unpaid advertisements. In this post I point out events that are going on this January in Stuttgart that I can recommend personally. I did not get paid by the organizators to do so. Paid contend is always highlighted as such on Living in Stuttgart.