Is this Covid thing really getting better?! It looks like it! Cafes and restaurants are opening up, shops and stores too… What used to be normal 2 years ago sounds like a dream after 1.5 years in a on and off lockdown situation. But of course we all have to pull ourselves together. Let’s still be careful so we don’t risk falling back into another wave…
So that’s why this post about events this June in Stuttgart is still a Corona edition where I point out mainly online events or things to do where you don’t have contact with many people.
- June is LGBTQ+ Pride Month. Of course things will be different this year as there can’t be parades or parties but CSD Stuttgart has still organized a lot of great events, most of them online of course.
- The public outdoor pools in Stuttgart are now open! In order to purchase a ticket you have to sign in here and then buy the e-ticket here. You have to select the bath you want to go to and one of the two time frames (morning or afternoon). You have to bring a negative Corona test or show proof that you are fully vaccinated or recovered.
- The local tour provider “Stuttgarter Stäffele Tour” now offers an City Quest Tour in English where you discover Stuttgart by yourself/with friends while solving exciting challenges.
- The Wilhelma, our local zoo, has opened its gates again. You can enjoy all the outdoor attractions with a Corona-Schnelltest/Rapid Test that is not older than 24 hours. Please book your ticket online in advance.
- Filmtage Tübingen celebrates Cine Latino online between June 3 and 16.
- Take part in the fun social media event of “Das Stuttgarter Ballet Jung”, the young branch of the famous Stuttgart ballett. Film yourself performing to a song that was especially produced for this online event. Then write to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get an upload link for your video. Hand it in before June 6 and become part of a fun music video.
- On June 7 the New English American Theatre NEAT will perform Sunflower Skeleton by Allen Ginsberg online on youtube.
- It is virtuell board game night on June 17!
- Do you want to try watercolor painting? Then join the free workshop of vhs international on June 18 via Zoom.
- Stuttgart Expats will organize a Scavenger Hunt on June 19.
- On June 23 you can join the online discussion #Love is Love! LGBTQ+ which is focusing on the challenges of adolescence LGBTQ+ youth.
- The book club of DAZ (Deutsch Amerikanisches Zentrum) will discuss Interior Chinatown by Charles Yu on June 24.
Have a great June and stay safe and healthy!
PS: Please note, this post contains links to fun activities. I did not get paid to mention them or link to them. The selection of events provided here is based on my personal research.
A big THANK YOU to the sponsors of Living in Stuttgart! Without their support it would not be possible to run this source of information for the International community in Stuttgart. You can support this blog by giving theses companies a visit and considering benefiting from their services.