June in Stuttgart means that the season of street festivals has come. Let’s hope for less rain and much more sunshine so that we can enjoy those fun outdoor events! In this post I point out my personal highlight events that can be enjoyed by non-German speakers.
- June in Stuttgart will kick in with a brand new festival: Kessel Festival will take place on June 1 and 2 at Cannstatter Wasen, Reitstadion and on the Neckar! Top stars as well as new bands will await you. Moreover the topics sustainability and fun sports will be represented.
- On June 1 you can visit a market for handicraft/Kunsthandwerkermarkt at Höhenpark Killesberg.
- There is an international flea market going on at Karlsplatz on June 1. Next to fun used stuff you can enjoy an international program with live music and dance as well as food stands from all over the world.
- Our neighbor city Esslingen will celebrate the strawberry at Erdbeerfest/Strawberry Festival on June 1.
- Wilhelma, our zoo here in Stuttgart, invites families to a special Kindertag/Kids Day on June 1.
- And even more family fun: On June 2 the huge Internationales Kinderfest/International Kids Festival is going on at Marktplatz with a fun program for your little one.
- On June 3 – and on every other Monday- you can test how smart you are at the Pub Quiz at Biddy Early’s Irish Pub.
- Stadtpalais Stuttgart will hold the music festival Sounds of Stuttgart between June 5 and 15 with German bands.
- Your little one loves dinosaurs? Then you can take him to the fair Dinosaurs at Böblingen Flugfeld between June 7 and 10.
- Enjoy a fun movie in the original French version on June 7 at Jour fixe du cinéma français at Delphi cinema.
- Gospel im Osten, Stuttgart’s biggest gospel choir invites you to visit their spring concert Primetime on June 7 and 8 at Friedenskirche.
- Make new friends at the monthly international catch up Let’s meet at Schocken on June 7.
- Celebrate diversity and join the summer festival of CSD Stuttgart at Berger Festplatz in the Schlossgarten on June 8 and 9.
- Between June 8 and 16 the Mercedes Cup will take place in Stuttgart. So if you like tennis, this is your event!
- A lovely Stummfilmfestival/Silent Movie Festival will take place at Eliszis Jahrmarkt at Killesberg between June 8 and 10. Enjoy Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton and more in a very special atmosphere.
- Celebrate vegan food and the rights of animals at Vegan Street Days on June 8 and 9 at Pariser Platz. Live music, food stands, lots of information and entertainment for kids await you.
- If you love sneakers you should not miss Kicks-N-Coffee on June 8 at Im Wizemann. Meet other sneaker enthusiasts, shops and collectors and enjoy a good cup of coffee while doing so.
- Shop for used cloths and records at the flea market at Österreichischer Platz on June 9.
- Enjoy guided meditation on June 9 at Yoga und Pilates in der Galerie Stuttgart.
- On June 13 the New English American Theater (NEAT) will perform Graceland, a play about two Elvis fans, as part of their Dark Monday series at Kulturcafe Merlin.
- On June 14 you can participate in free dance classes organized by Stuttgart Expat Meetups
- An alternative street festival is going on on June 15 and 16: Rohrer Seefest. Entrance is free and all earnings will be donated.
- Have you ever heard of Sloshball?! You can also call it Beer-in-Hand-Kickball and it sounds like lots of fun. You can try it for yourself this June in Stuttgart on June 15 close to Cafe am Nil.
- On June 15 you can shop the night away at the Night Flea Market/Nachtflohmarkt at Wagenhallen.
- From June 20 to 23 you can have a look at oldtimer cars at Cannstatter Wasen at Oldtimertreff/Oldtimer Meeting.
- Between June 20 and 23 Stauferspektakel will bring back medieval times. A fun program for young and old, people in costumes and food stands serving what was in a few hundred years ago will make your visit unforgettable.
- If you like Bob Dylan you might want to visit the tribute concert The Tolling Thunder Revue, presented by NEAT at Theater am Olgaeck on June 20.
- On June 20 you can celebrate at Hofener Sommerfest, enjoy a sausage and a glass of beer on one of the food stands and listen to live music. There will be a special program for kids, too.
- My favorite dance festival will be in town again: Colours Dance Festival will start with a huge warm-up event at Marktplatz on June 21. Get an idea of what will await us in the coming weeks and move your body to the beat yourself 🙂 If you want to know more about what will be awaiting you at the event, check out my former post from 2015.
- Watch the moving coming of age movie Bande de Filles for free in the original French version on June 27 at Institut francais.
- You can swing dance on June 27 at Stadtpalaist Stuttgart.
- One of my favorite street festivals will be going on between June 28 and 30: Heusteigviertelfest. Food stands, live music and a fun program await us.
- You like electronical music? Then you should not miss Durch die Nacht Festival/ Through the Night Festival on June 29. With one ticket you get access to 5 clubs and can listen to 19 DJs.
- Celebrate the European Fete de la Musique on June 29 at Stadtpalais. Bands from all over Europe represent the colorful diversity of Europe.
- Celebrate Canada Day on June 29 at Burger Place with a Poutine, Bacon Burger & Maple Syrup Beer combo.
- The Comic Con is legendary already. Did you know that it will be in Stuttgart on June 29 and 30 at Messe Stuttgart?! Escape reality for one day and dive into a world of Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Comics and Cosplay.
Courses for English-speakers at volkshochschule stuttgart
As you guys know I have formed a non-paid cooperation with volkshochschule stuttgart for this semester. From my previous post about their new international program you might remember that I am a huge fan of their new courses in English. This semester I want to point out their courses every month. Here is what awaits us this June in Stuttgart:
- 100 Ways to Draw a Cherry (starting June 24)
- Watercolor Painting in English (starting June 24)
- Qigong in English (starting June 25)
- Encountering the Different (June 25)
- Lebanese Cooking Class (June 26)
- The sun – close up at Stuttgart Observatory (June 29)
- Survival Chinese for travellers (June 29)
Transparency: This article contains unpaid advertisements. In this post I point out events that are going on this June in Stuttgart that I can recommend personally. I did not get paid by the organizers to do so. Paid contend is always highlighted as such on Living in Stuttgart. Moreover, I researched the information about the events to my best knowledge but I cannot be hold responsible for any inaccuracy.
Picture credit titel photo: canva.com