This year, April starts with a big celebration: Easter! But many more fun events are awaiting us this April in Stuttgart.
- How about visiting the most beautiful park of Stuttgart this Easter? At Höhenpark Killesberg can even enjoy a ride with one of the cute, historic mini trains and on April 1 kids can scan the park for easternests. Make sure you book your tickets in advance! To find out more about this lovely park, check out my former post Taking the railway through Killesbergpark in Stuttgart.
- On April 1, the Gospel Forum will celebrate an Easter service in the afternoon, starting at 4 pm, that will be translated into English. French and Spanish translations are also possible.
- Celebrate Easter while diving into the Christian origins of this holiday. Stuttgarter Ostergarten will take you back in time into the old Jerusalem where you can watch actors performing the life of Jesus. The Ostergarten is open until April 2.
- For all you yogis out there: the fair yogaworld is in Stuttgart between April 6 and 8 at Messe Stuttgart!
- For a good laugh, visit English Comedy Night at Climax Institutes on April 13 or 14. American stand-up comedian Reginald Bärris will present his one man show “Card-Carrying Comedian”.
- Stuttgart gets it’s own museum! The building originally named Wilhelmspalais, that used to house the old city library, will open it’s doors on April 14 as the new Stadtpalais. You can take part in free tours through the new museum until April 22. On the opening night of April 14 a roller disco will take place!
- Shop for unique designs, cloths and lovely nicnac at the fair Deine Eigenart on April 14 at Im Wizemann.
- You like Jazz music and you like dance performances? Then you will love Dance/Jazz Fusion Vol. 2, performed at Theaterhaus on April 16 and 18.
- You like movies from Spain or Latin-America? Then check out the festival 25. CineLatino – 15. Cine Español that will be held in Stuttgart between April 18 and 25.
- You like beer? Then you should not miss the Craft Beer Festival at Im Wizemann on April 20 and 21. 25 breweries will be present and you can try your way through the differnt stands.
- Stuttgarter Frühlingsfest, Stuttgart’s spring version of Octoberfest, is back in town between April 21 and May 13. Your chance to drink beer and dance on tables in huge tents and enjoy the one or other fun ride.
- One of my favorite pubs in Stuttgart, Schlesinger, hosts it’s own beer festival. The Day of the beer (Tag des Biers) will be celebrated on April 22 with various beer brands from all over Germany. To learn more about this special place, check out my article Not only a pub but an institution: Schlesinger in Stuttgart
- Every year, Stuttgart hosts a festival, that is know all over the world: the Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film (ITFS). Between April 24 and 29 the festival will present a full, up-to-date spectrum of animated filmmaking and its intersections with visual effects, architecture, art, design, music and games. And the best: they always put up a huge LED-screen at Schlossplatz where you can sit down in the grass and watch animated short films as well as blockbuster and cult films for free! I like 🙂
- A fun event for old and young is the Hot-Air Balloon Race on April 28 at Wasen. Around 15 balloons will take part. Definitely a beautiful sight.
- The fair Tisch & Tafel will be held on April 28 and 29 at Alte Kelter in Feuerbach. It is right place to shop for food, drinks and home decoration items.
- When the weather is good enough this April in Stuttgart I recommend visiting a very special café: Eselsmühle, just behind the city boarders! I wrote about this lovely place before, in my post Take a break from city life at Eselsmühle in Musberg. You can sit outside and enjoy one of their homemade cakes (delicious!) and even buy some of their homemade treats in their little shop. If you feel like walking a bit, download the hiking guide book featuring the Siebenmühlental for free!
I wish you a very happy Easter and a lovely April in Stuttgart!
Picture credit of featured Image: canva.com