Hi guys! A fun-packed September in Stuttgart is awaiting us. Find out more about all the events and things to do this September in Stuttgart in the following post.
- The Stuttgarter Weindorf is still going on until September 10. Enjoy a “Viertele” of good wine and/or a traditional Swabian dish in one of the “Lauben“.
- The Pumpkin Festival in Ludwigsburg is an annual event you don’t want to miss. This years theme: Rome! At Blühendes Barock (Baroque in Bloom) you can taste yummy pumpkin specialities like pumpkin popcorn, pumpkin tarte flambee and pumpkin burgers, visit giant pumpkin sculptures and watch live carvings. There are also special events for kids like a straw castle and Halloween carvings. The festival is on from September 1 to November 5.
- If horror movies are your thing you shouldn’t miss the 31. Fantasy Film Fest. It will be held in Stuttgart between September 7 and 17 at Metropol cinema.
- Slapstick and live music await you at the silent movie concert in Eliszis theater tent at Höhenpark Killesberg on September 9. Watch Stan and Oli stumble from one silly situation into the next while Stephan Graf v. Bothmer underlines the scenes with his piano music.
- The family owned brewery Dinkelacker – Schwaben Bräu celebrates its annual Brewery Festival from September 9 to 10. Don’t miss the opportunity to get to know a traditional German brewery, enjoy local beer and try Swabian specialities!
- September 10 is the Day of the open Monument. Many monuments participate nationwide. In Stuttgart you also have the opportunity to visit famous places for free, like Schloss Solitude or the historical Seilbahn.
- Street Festival I: From September 14 to 17 the Feuersee will be the center of the beloved Feuerseefest . Live performances, street food trucks and stands offering art and jewelry await you. I love this little festival!!:-)
- Street Festival II: From September 15 to 16 the shops of Gerberviertel team up to organize the Gerberviertel Fest. Live music, entertainment for kids, yummy food and much more await you.
- Between September 15 and 17 the Litté-Rad-Tour celebrates French literature AND the invention of the bike 200 years ago. Take part in the parcours, meet with French authors at several locations and find out what it means to be an artist in a foreign country. There will be readings, movies and discussions.
- Your smartphone is broken? Your digicam isn’t taking pictures anymore? Bring your digital stuff to Stadtbibliothek (city library) to Repair Cafe #digital on September 16!
- Street Festival III: On September 16 the Lehenviertel turns into a hot spot for shoppers and street festival lovers. Visit Sterne des Südens (Stars of the South) and meet the shop owners of this lovely quarter in the south of Stuttgart.
- The Cannstatter Wasen, our version of the Oktoberfest, will open it’s gates on September 22 and lasts until October 8. Of course it is muuuuuuch better than it’s counterpart in Munich And not as crowded! You don’t need to show up at 8 am in order to find a seat in one of the beer tents. For a little glimpse into the famous beer festival, read my blog article from 2012.
- Street Festival IV: On September 23, shop owners of the wild West of Stuttgart open their gates for your. Schätze des Westens (Treasures of the West) is another lovely street festival that will enchant you with art, design, street food and a very special atmosphere.Photo Credit: Schätze des Westens
- Tour several art galleries in Stuttgart at the event Art Alarm on September 23 and 24.
- Enjoy Italian movies at the film festival cinema! italia! between September 28 and October 4 at Delphi Arthouse cinema
Enjoy this great September in Stuttgart, guys!