Hi guys! The days are getting shorter and the trees are turning yellow or red – it must be October! Fall is really kicking in now and that is OK. Check out all the fun things to do this October in Stuttgart!
- You like Italian movies? Then hurry, the film festival cinema! italia! is in town until October 4.
- The Cannstatter Volksfest, the Stuttgart version of the Oktoberfest (and of course the muuuuch better event :-)) is on until October 8. Get thrilled in one of the fun rides, dance on a table in a beer tent and enjoy a beer or two.Photo credit: in.Stuttgart / Thomas Niedermueller
- Also still on in throughout October is the Pumpkin Festival in Ludwigsburg! This is such a fun event. Thousands of pumpkins are on display. This year`s theme: Rome! But you don’t only have to look at the pumpkins, there are a lot of food stands as well and fun and games for the kids. 🙂
- Stuttgart Ballett is famous because of him: choreographer John Cranko. This year he would have turned 90. In his honour a special selection of his less known short performances will be shown on October 3, 6 and 7, named Pure Cranko.
- Female refugees between 18 and 25 years are invited to visit Frauencafe (women coffee) at Haus der Katholischen Kirche on October 4 to socialize, paint or cook together.
- I’ve got the impression that Stuttgart is become the capital of burlesque. From October 5 to 8 we will host the Burlesque Festival in town. You can visit shows and workshops.
- Two fun events for the gay community are on on October 5: Karaokee at Kings Club and Gaydelight at Cannstatter Wasen, Wasenwirt beer tent.
- Visit the alternative shopping mall Fluxus on October 7 for live fashion performances and music. Hinter Glas will be on from 9 pm to 2 am.
- Shop for fun stuff at Art and Design Market at Im Wizemann on October 13 and 14. More than 80 exhibitors will be present.
- On October 14 Stuttgart Night is on again! I loooove this event! There’s no better way to explore some of the fun locations in town. The only downside: You can’t visit all of them, they are just to many (66 to be precise)! 😀 So chose wisely which concerts, dance performances, creative shows and parties you want to visit because time will fly by. The night starts at 7 pm and ends around 2 am. Your ticket is valid for all the participating locations as well as the public transport system.
Picture credit: Stuttgartnacht
- If you want to shop fun local products, visit the fair Made in Stuggi on October 14 and 15. Next to food and drinks you will find products from local labels and designer.
- You like ukulele music! Then make sure you visit the Ukulele Jam on October 15 at Linden-Museum. Make sure to check out out their new exhibition on Hawaii while you’re there!
- The theater production My sister Syria deals with the current refugee situation and will be performed in English and Arabic at Altes Schauspielhaus on October 16.
- You love vegan food? Then you vegan food fair XOND will be your thing. It is on on October 21 and 22 at Phönixhalle Römerkastell.
- The Staatsgalerie will host an Artist Talk in English with Joseph Kosuth (London/New York) and Carlos Basualdo (Philadelphia Museum of Art) on October 26.
- Something for kids and the young at heart: Disney on Ice will be in Stuttgart from October 26 to 29!
- Go enjoy the “Indian Summer” in Stuttgart. The colorful leaves of the vineyards along the Neckar are especially beautiful. Why not ride your bike from Stuttgart to Marbach? You find tips for this trip here.
- On October 31 is Halloween! Even though it is not a tradition in Germany to celebrate it, you will find lot’s of fun parties throughout Stuttgart, for example a big Halloween Party at Si-Centrum or Dia de los Muertos at Im Wizemann. Kids will be entertained at the zoo Wilhema.