Hi guys! With June come a lot of fun outdoor activities back to our itinerary – sport events but also festivals! These are my favorite things to do this June in Stuttgart:
- A fun event for all vegetarians and vegans will take place from June 3 to 5: At the Vegan Street Days you can try yummy food on the many stands and trucks in the city center (eg. Marktplatz and Schillerplatz) and visit special events and discussions.
- Wine is your thing? And hiking/walking too? Then safe June 10 and 11 for the Vineyard Hike at Uhlbacher Götzenberg. You will walk 4 km through the vineyard, enjoy the view and try wine at six different stands along the way.
- If you’re interested in medieval times, the Knights Tournament and Market at Cannstatter Wasen might be for you. Between June 15 and 18 you can watch tournaments and shows, listen to music and shop at the medieval market.
- You’re a runner? Then you should sign up for THE running event in Stuttgart, the Stuttgart-Lauf. Next to several runs for kids the event has its highlight on sunday with the half marathon and a 7-km-run. But there’s also an event for walking and nordic walking as well as a handbike- and wheelchair half marathon. The Stuttgart-Run takes place on June 24 and 25.
- The weekend June 24 and 25 will be a paradise for kids in Stuttgart. The 15th Kids and Youth Festival , presented by Stuttgarter Zeitung, will be held at Schlossplatz and around Ecksee (in front of the opera house). Kids can choose from 120 events ranging from sport, action and adventure to health, technic and knowledge.
- On June 30 starts one of my favorite street festivals, the Heusteigviertelfest. Until July 1 you have the last chance to enjoy drinks, snacks and music around Mozartstraße. And you can even look for little (or not so little) treasures at the flea market. But be prepared to share the street with lots of other people. The Heusteigviertelfest is one of the most crowded street festivals in Stuttgart.
- One thing I love in particular about June: The Sport im Park (sport in the park) events are on again! I love their free yoga class at Killesberg for example. Classes take place all over Stuttgart and they are all free! Enjoy!
These are my favorite things to do this June! What are yours?