Hi guys! Spring is there! And when I think of spring, images of colorful flowers, warm sunshine and fun events pop up. Check out my favorite things to do this April in Stuttgart:
- If you like French movies, you should not miss Jour Fixe du Cinéma Francais at Delphi on April 5. You will watch the movie “Victoria” in French, a film about the thirty-something years old Victoria who’s life turns upside down when she meets three man of her past on a party.
- Are you a child of the 80s? I actually am, born 83, and even though I didn’t listen much to the fun music this decade had produced in my first years, I am a big fan today ( I had even organized a 80s-revival-party for my 30th birthday! 🙂 ). So you can imagine how excited I was when I found out that Friedrichsbau Varieté has a new show called NEON – The living 80s! They mix acrobatic, magic and acting with the fun music from this decade! So much fun!! The show is on the coming Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday until April 15.
- If you like to party, the After Work Party at the club Boa is a must-do for you. It is on every Thursday night, starting at 6 pm. This party is definitely a legend here in Stuttgart. There is a snack buffet waiting for you and the entrance is free if you arrive before 8 pm.
- Do you know the fashion label UNIQLO? If you’ve ever been to Japan, you will answer this question with a knowing “yes”. In 2016 the Japanese brand has opened a shop in Stuttgart, too. And it has started a cooperation with the Kunstmuseum. It is another addition to the brand’s list of cooperations with places like the Museum of Modern Art in New York or Tate Modern in London. From April 7 to April 9 the Kunstmuseum hosts the UNIQLO ART WEEKEND. The fashion brand invites us to visit the Kunstmuseum for free. Not to bad, right?!
- You like tattoos? Then mark April 7 to April 9 in your calendar and visit the 13th Tattoo Fair at Kulturhaus Arena in Stuttgart-Wangen. Meet tatoo artists, enjoy the shows and acts and benefit from the special offers.
- If you like Turkish music, you will be delighted to hear that the famous singer Kirac will perform in Stuttgart on April 8 at LKA/Longhorn
- I love the temporary shopping mall Fluxus! And I am thrilled that they organize a huge party on April 8, the Fluxus Block Party! The music will be a mix of old school hip hop, reggae, soul & funk and even Italo disco! I can’t wait! 😀
- Traditional Indian music will be performed by Rafiq Ahmed from Mumbai on April 8 and 9 at Theater am Faden. Rafiq will play the sarangi, the oldest Indian stringed instrument that is said to produce the most unreal tunes. Sounds tempting to me!
- If you’re living in Stuttgart for a while already you might have visited our famous TV-Tower already. Nice view, right?! But how about enjoying a concert on top of the tower?! Sounds great! Than be quick and order tickets for a Full Moon Panorama Concert, performed by the Stuttgarter Saloniker! I wanted to point out these wonderful events in earlier posts but they have been sold out all the time! But I just saw that they still have tickets for April 10 and 11!! Don’t miss the opportunity. You will love it!
- There is a meeting called Open Café for all female refugees and other interested women at Frauenkulturzentrum Sarah in Stuttgart-West on April 13 and on most other Thursdays (please check their calendar online). The participants talk and enjoy snacks together in a very relaxed atmosphere.
- The Stuttgarter Frühlingsfest opens its gates again on April 15! Beer tents and fun rides await you. Prost! Picture credit: in.Stuttgart / Thomas Niedermüller
- You like Italian musik? Then put on your dance shoes and visit Notta magica caliente at Perkins Park on April 16!
- You can listen to some more Italian at the Opera House while enjoying Le nozze di Figaro on April 19 or 13.
- The festival CineLatino/CineEspañol celebrates movies from Latin-America and Spain. The cinema Delphi shows the movies between April 20 and 26. This years focus is on movies from Kuba.
- If you like food and/or to be creative, I know two fairs that might interest you: The slow-food fair Market of good Taste (Markt des guten Geschmacks) and the do-it-yourself-fair creativity (kreativ). They are both taking place from April 20 to April 23 at Messe Stuttgart, close to the airport. Picture credit: Messe Stuttgart
- The 2nd Craft Beer Festival will be celebrated in Stuttgart on April 21 and 22 at Im Wizemann. 25 breweries will be present as well as food trucks and bands.
- And last but not least one more event for my Italian speaking readers: You can enjoy sketches in Italian and German on April 28 at Dreigroschentheater. The show is called Itlaian… not only in words (Italienisch… nicht nur in Worten).
These are my favorite things to do this April. What are yours?