Hi guys! Birds are singing and snowdrops are popping their heads out of the earth. I think spring is coming. Hurray! Let’s see what this March in Stuttgart holds in stock for us.
- For the second time, the art and design market (Kunst- und Designmarkt) is held at Im Wizemann on March 3 and 4. 60 exhibitors from various backgrounds (design, fashion, photography…) are present. Photo credit: Kunst- und Designmarkt
- A very special show is playing every friday (March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31) at the planetarium: Star Rock Universe! The songs of Led Zepplin (Stairway to heaven), Phil Collins (In the air tonight) and many more (Amy Winehouse, Coldplay, David Bowie, U2, Supertramp…) will take you up into the cosmos.
- If you like classic cars, you should visit the fair Retro Classics between March 2 and 5. Admire historic cars and enjoy great shows and an interesting accompanying program. Photo credit: MESSE STUTTGART
- A fun event is taking place on March 4: The Long night of Hotel Bars (Lange Nacht der Hotel Bars). Six of the best hotels in Stuttgart are participating: Aloft, Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten, Arcotel Camino, Le Meridien, Maritim Hotel Stuttgart and Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin. Your first drink is included in the entrance fee. Next to great drinks, fun entertainment programs and special events await you. And the best: a shuttle bus brings participants from one location to the next – so no need to stumble around Stuttgart by night in search of the next bar 🙂
- The play Half broke Horses will be performed in English at Altes Schauspielhaus between March 6 and 10. The play is based on the book by Jeanette Walls who calls her work a True-Life Novel. It is about the outstanding life of her wild grandmother Lily – filled with some imaginative parts. Half broke Horses brings US history to life as it spans from the Great Depression to World War II.
- On March 6 you can listen to stories all about the Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain. The New English American Theatre (NEAT) will read to you in English at the culture center Merlin, accompanied by live music from Mark Twain’s era.
- “A little party never killed nobody” – If you feel like dressing up AND doing some good, you should consider participating in the charity event Black & White Night on March 6, organized by the International Women’s Club. Between enjoying dinner, drinks and fundraising activities there are plenty of opportunities for socialising and dancing the night away!
- Your favorite coat is missing some buttons? The zip on your jeans is not working anymore? Bring your broken textiles to the new pop-up store iFixit in the wonderful mini-mall fluxus on March 9! On this day, it’s all about cloths and textiles and the owners will help you fix your stuff.
- How about some classical music on a Sunday afternoon? On March 12 you can enjoy one hour with Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven and Co, performed by young artists of Stuttgarter Musikschule at Le Méridien. Afterwards, an aperitif and a buffet await you.
- How about watching the full moon from the top of Stuttgart’s famous tv tower while listening to Early Jazz, performed by Stuttgarter Saloniker on March 14? If that sounds great, you should hurry. The tickets for the full moon concerts on the tv tower sell out quickly!
- Another great design fair is in Stuttgart this month: The Blickfang is celebrating its 25 anniversary this march in Stuttgart! A great fair with great artists! Make sure you mark March 17 to 19 in your calendar! Photo credit: Blickfang
- Feeling like a pub crawl? Then save ticket for Claudias pub crawl on March 17! You will visit four pubs from the 70s, hear a bit about their history and get a drink in each of them.
- I admit, it has been a while since I’ve participated in a church service. But there is one I really want to visit: The gospel service at Friedenskirche. It is held once a month and the next one will take place on March 19.
- If you speak Italian, the bi-lingual, lucullan reading “La coscienza di zeno” on March 20 might be interesting for you.
- One of my most favorite events this march in Stuttgart: Long night of museums (Lange Nacht der Museen)! A fun night, filled with art, culture and party awaits you on March 25.
- Last but not least: Enjoy the warm weather and sunshine and go hiking! My favorite hike in spring is located at the beginning of the black forest. It leads through a fairytale-like forest, along meadows speckled with crocuses, to the ruins of castle Zavelstein. Read more about this beautiful hike in one of my former posts.
So these are my favorite things to do this March in Stuttgart. What are yours?