Hi guys! It’s autumn! When did that happen? Well, at least the temperatures still remind us on summer – and a few degrees under 30 don’t hurt either, don’t you think?! For all of you who wonder what to do after the summer vacation, here are my favorite things to do in September!
- The Stuttgarter Weindorf is still going on until Sunday, September 4. If you haven’t enjoyed a “Viertele” of good wine in one of the “Lauben“, don’t miss the last opportunity to do so.
- In 2016, the Pumpkin Circus is coming to town – from September 2 to November 6 to the Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Festival to be more precise. If you like pumpkins, this is your event. At Blühendes Barock (Baroque in Bloom) you can taste yummy pumpkin specialities like pumpkin popcorn, pumpkin tarte flambee and pumpkin burgers, visit giant pumpkin sculptures and watch live carvings. There are also special events for kids like a straw castle and Halloween carvings
- If you like water and being challenged you should try Aqua Track at the Freibad in Sindelfingen on September 7. The challenge starts at 11 am in the adventure pool. Teams of two people can participate in the 20 meter parcours. This event is fun for everyone, the participants and the audience.
- Have you ever dreamt about visiting Venice for the famous Carnival? You don’t have to travel to Italy to see all the amazing costumes, simply visit Ludwigsburg between September 9 and 11! Nearly 250 years ago, while visiting the Italian City of Lagoons, Duke Carl Eugen was so enchanted by the charm of the Venice Carnival that he decided to give his residential city a masquerade festival of its own. Today, the biennial Venetian Fair transforms Ludwigsburg’s market square into a magical and fantastic stage.
Photo Credit: Tourismus & Events Ludwigsburg
- The family owned brewery Dinkelacker – Schwaben Bräu celebrates the 10th Brewery Festival from September 10 to 11. Don’t miss the opportunity to get to know a traditional German brewery, enjoy local beer and try Swabian specialities!
- September 11 is the Day of the open Monument. Many monuments participate nationwide. In Stuttgart you also have the opportunity to visit famous places for free, like Schloss Solitude, Grabkapelle auf dem Württemberg or the former headquarter of IBM.
- Street Festival I: From September 15 to 18 the Feuersee and it’s newly created promenade will be the center of attraction. The beloved Feuerseefest is back! Live performances, street food trucks and stands offering art and jewelry await you. I love this little festival!!:-)
- Street Festival II: From September 16 to 17 the shops of Gerberviertel team up to organize the Gerberviertel Fest. Live music, entertainment for kids, yummy food and much more await you.
- Street Festival III: On Saturday, September 17 the Lehenviertel turns into a hot spot for shoppers and street festival lovers. Visit Sterne des Südens (Stars of the South) and meet the shop owners of this lovely quarter in the south of Stuttgart.
- From September 23 to October 9 it is Cannstatter Volksfest time again! So tidy your Dirndl and Lederhose and come to Cannstatter Wasen for beer and fun rides!
- Street Festival IV: On September 24, shop owners of the wild West of Stuttgart open their gates for your. Schätze des Westens (Treasures of the West) is another lovely street festival that will enchant you with art, design, street food and a very special atmosphere.
Photo Credit: Schätze des Westens
As you can see, there are many great things to do in September in Stuttgart. What are you looking forward to in particular? And did I miss something important? Let me know your opinion to my favorite things to do in September in the comment section!