Hi guys! July is one of my favorite months. Why? Because of all the outdoor festivals and events! Check out my favorite things to do this July!
- July started with one of Stuttgart’s most popular street festivals: the Heusteigviertelfest. Today you have the last chance to enjoy cool drinks, yummy snacks and good music around Mozartstraße. And you can even look for little (or not so little) treasures at the flea market. But be prepared to share the street with lots of other people. The Heusteigviertelfest is also one of the most crowded street festivals in Stuttgart.
- Each year the Hamburger Fischmarkt tours through Germany and a stop in Stuttgart is inevitable. From July 7th to 17th you can enjoy everything the sea has to offer at Karlsplatz in the city center.
- From July 8th to 10th the colorful Afrika-Festival takes place at Erwin-Schöttle-Platz in the south of Stuttgart. Next to the obligatory food stands and live music, this festival offers workshops, readings and performances as well.
- An outdoor event with a very special atmosphere is the Lichterfest at Killesberg on July 9th. As soon as dusk sets in, thousands of colorful lights illuminate the landmark park. The festival of lights starts at 4 pm with live music, food stands, an artesian market and a special program for kids. But the highlight of the night takes place between 10:15 and 10:45 pm: the spectacular fireworks! The entrance fee is 16 Euros if you buy the ticket in advance and 18 if you buy it directly on the 9th.
Photo credit: in.Stuttgart / Isabell Munck
- From July 12th to 16th the Marktplatz turns into an intercultural melting pot. At the Sommerfest der Kulturen (summer festival of cultures) people from all around the globe come together to celebrate. Food stands offer dishes you might have never tried before, on a colorful market you might find the one or other special something and international artists perform on stage for free.
- A festival in the heart of the old town of Stuttgart is the Bohnenviertelfest. It takes place from July 23rd to 25th. You will find a lot of different food stands in the historical streets, a flea market and stands with books, jewelry and more.
- The popular open air event Ballett im Park (ballet in the park) turns 10 this year! Happy birthday! 🙂 So if you like ballet AND fresh air, this event is for you! Pack your picnic blanket, some sandwiches and drinks and come to Oberer Schlossgarten, the park in front of the opera house, on July 23rd! There you can follow the gala of the John Crako school which will be broadcasted live from the opera house to the audience in the park.
- You like street food markets? Then you should visit Gaumenfreuden! From July 28th to September 29th you will find its food trucks every Thursday at Karlsplatz.
As you can see, there are a lot of fun outdoor events and things to do this July! Have a great time!